To apply for the Postgraduate Business Internship, follow the steps below:
Enrol into BUSM4483 (12cp) or BUSM4609 (24cp) via Enrolment Online
Note – if you are unsure you if you have enough spare electives, contact Business Central
Source your own placement relevant to your degree:
- Check out opportunities on Careerhub
- Use your own networks and contacts
- Visit other job boards such as Seek.com
Once you have secured a placement, confirm all specific details such as Host Organisation name and address, supervisor contact details, placement dates, location of the placement, negotiated days and hours, key tasks and responsibilities you will be undertaking. This information is critical to complete the RMIT WIL Agreement.
NOTE: To undertake this unit, an approved internship is required. Please check the Resources tab to assist you in your search for an internship.
Complete and sign the RMIT WIL Relationship Agreement before you commence your placement
- Using the details of your placement complete the WIL Agreement Schedule
- Request your host organisation sign the WIL Agreement and attached your schedule for their reference
- Sign the agreement yourself
Consult with your Academic to have the Placement approved
- Once your host has signed the agreement you will need to contact or meet with the Course Coordinator to have your placement approved.
- Share the Agreement so they will provide the final signature.
Record your placement in InPlace
- Once your placement has been approved by the Course Coordinator, register your placement on the RMIT University system InPlace
- Refer to the Quick Reference Guide for step by step instructions.
- Ensure you attach and upload your agreement and contract before submitting
- If you are undertaking a placement overseas you must register your details with RMIT’s Global Mobility system Mobi in order to qualify to receive
complimentary RMIT student travel insurance and access to International SOS
- Visit Page 5 of the WIL Student Toolkit for further information
Complete required assessments
- Ensure you have read and understood the required assessments
- When Canvas opens ensure you submit all assessments as instructed
Expression of Interest
If you are in the MBA, Exec MBA or JD program and haven’t found an internship
Now that you have applied for this elective, we highly recommend that you complete this short training module. This module explains your Rights and Responsibilities prior to commencing your internship. Your Course Coordinator may deem this module as mandatory prior to commencing your internship.
If you are off-site (not on RMIT grounds) you will be required to login: